Whether you just got a new piece of jewellery or it’s been sitting in your jewellery box collecting dust for years, it’s time to clean it up! But you are still in a confusion about how to clean rose gold plated jewellery at home? Rest assured, we are here to help you out.
Not only will cleaning tarnished or rose gold plated jewellery make it look and feel brand new again, but you’ll also be reducing the risk of gemstones becoming scratched or tarnished in the future. In this blog, we’ll outline the entire cleaning process for rose gold plated jewellery, from the basic steps to cleaning delicate pieces of jewellery. So grab a cloth and some mild soap and get started.
The Process of Cleaning Rose Gold Plated Jewellery
Cleaning rose gold plated jewellery can be daunting, but it’s not as hard as you might think. Follow these simple steps to clean your pieces thoroughly and keep them looking their best:
- Start by soaking the jewellery in mild soap and warm water.
- Be sure to rub the pieces gently with a soft cloth to remove any residue.
- Once the jewellery is clean, dry it off carefully using a cotton ball or soft cloth.
- If the jewellery has delicate features or is engraved, you may need to use special jewellery cleaning solutions and a soft brush.
- Finally, polish the jewellery with a polishing agent like wax or diamond cleaner to bring back shine and protect it from damage.
- Be sure to store your jewellery clean and dry to keep it looking its best!
Basic Steps to Clean Rose Gold Plated Jewellery
When it comes to cleaning rose gold plated jewellery, it’s important to take care not to damage the delicate gold plating. Follow these basic steps to get the job done right:
- First, use a mild detergent like soap and water to clean the jewellery gently but thoroughly.
- To polish your gold-plated pieces, use a polishing cloth and a polishing agent like brass polish or silver polish.
- Be careful not to damage the coating on the metal by using only enough pressure to move the dirt but not scratch it!
- Always remember to protect delicate items like rose gold plated jewellery with a soft cloth when cleaning them!
- For non-metal items like gemstones, soak them in softly flowing soapy water filled with lukewarm water for several minutes until the jewels are completely submerged.
How to Clean a Delicate Piece of Jewellery
It’s important to clean delicate pieces of jewellery regularly using mild dish soap, a soft toothbrush and water. Soaking the jewellery in the cleaning solution for a few minutes will help remove any dirt while rinsing it off carefully with fresh water. Do not put the jewellery box in the dishwasher this could damage it. If you need to clean the jewellery more frequently, place it on a soft cloth and polish it with a gentle soap or cream cleaner. For extra cleaning power, warm water and mild soap can do the job just fine. Keeping your jewellery clean and shiny will keep you looking good on all occasions!
Tips for cleaning jewellery with polish
When it comes to cleaning rose gold plated jewellery, it’s important to use the right cleaner. Some of the recommended cleaners include soap and water, and cleaner pads. Be sure to rinse the jewellery thoroughly after cleaning to prevent tarnishing or staining. When cleaning around the edges and corners of the piece, be extra careful as these areas can be more difficult to clean. Finally, before cleaning, be sure to remove any dust or dirt with a soft cloth.
Avoid using harsh chemicals
When cleaning rose gold jewellery, it is important to use gentle, non-toxic cleaners. To clean delicate pieces of jewellery, use a soft cloth and mild soap. Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions to avoid damaging the finish. And lastly, be careful when using harsh chemicals they can damage the metal or gemstone jewel!
Scrub gently with a toothbrush and warm water
To clean gold or silver jewellery, warm water and a toothbrush should be enough. Gently scrub the jewellery with the toothbrush avoiding harsh rubbing. Once it’s clean, rinse it off under running water. If there is stubborn dirt or tarnish spots, repeat steps 2-4 until the jewellery is completely clean
Wipe clean with a soft cloth
Keeping your rose gold jewellery looking pristine and new always requires a bit of tender loving care. Wipe clean with a soft dry polishing cloth to keep it looking its best, avoid harsh cleaners and abrasives that can scratch the metal surface, and if necessary use jewellers polish to bring back its shine.
Use a mild soap
Mild soap and water can usually be used to clean tarnished jewellery. Soak the jewellery in a bowl of warm water mixed with a mild soap for 5 to 10 minutes, then rinse it off well. If the tarnish is particularly stubborn, you may need to repeat the cleaning process several times. After cleaning, polish the jewellery with a polishing cloth or jeweller’s polishing compound to restore its shine. Finally, rinse off well and dry with a cloth. Finished and like new, your jewellery is ready to wear once more.
What are some safe ways to clean rose gold plated jewellery?
To keep your precious jewellery safe, first, wash them with soapy water and then rinse them thoroughly. Avoid using any kind of abrasive cleaner or polishing powder. Baking soda can also help polish your jewellery. Just rub it onto the surface of your jewellery and let it sit for about 10 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water. Dry your jewellery carefully with a soft towel.